Search Engine OPTIMIZATION
Improve Marketing ROI.
Increase Your Bottom Line.
With nearly 14 billion online searches every month and social media sites that rival populations of large countries, there's unlimited opportunity. To take advantage of that opportunity, it is vital to rank high in the search engines. If you don't understand how to successfully apply these strategies, then your customers will go to your competitors instead.
Our customized Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programs are designed to provide your website with the best possible search engine exposure to your target audience. When optimizing a site, it is important to know, understand and follow the rules established by search engines. Violating these rules can cause your site to be banned from the search engines entirely. We employ only trusted, search-engine-endorsed methods for optimizing a site.
Search engines are dynamic, changing environments with their own proprietary methods of listing sites. There is no realistic guarantee of a particular ranking unless you purchase ad space. However, our experience with search engines has yielded a number of top ten and first place positions for our clients, bringing an increased number of qualified visitors to their sites.
Search Engine Optimization and Promotion Strategies
There are four components in our search engine promotion package:
- "Natural" site optimization means making changes to the site itself in order to improve visibility. Natural optimization capitalizes on free search engine listings and intends to obtain maximum exposure by understanding how search engines work. Site optimization is both a craft and an ongoing process that involves knowledge of search engine rules and regulations.
- Paying for placement means either buying an ad or bidding on a keyword so that your site appears in a certain position within the search results. During the course of our optimization and research process, we may suggest paid listings that we feel will benefit your site.
- Ongoing maintenance involves revisiting a site at intervals in order to make adjustments to improve or maintain visibility on search engines. Optimization is not a hard science, rather an ongoing process of analysis followed by adjustments to the site in order to study those strategies which have had the most benefit. It is important to follow up to evaluate the effectiveness of the optimization process. It is also important to make modifications to reflect changing search engine rules and to maintain or improve visibility
- Cross-linking means that you agree to link to another site in exchange for that site linking to yours. Cross linking intends to increase the "popularity" of your site by establishing links to it from other sites. "Link popularity" is important in determining site rank. Put simply, the more links that point to your site from other sites, the more "popular" your site is considered, thus the higher it is ranked. Our goal for crosslinking is not to set up a large volume of indiscriminate links, as this can be cause for penalty by search engines, but rather to explore opportunities to link with relevant, quality sites.
Ten things you didn't know about SEO
Special to Globe and Mail Update
Published Monday, Sep. 26, 2011
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of many digital marketing tools. It's especially important for small-to-mid-sized businesses (SMBs) to use the right search terms, keywords and terminology in order to attract new business. In an ideal situation, a good SEO program will organically grow the leads and potential sales that an SMB can then realize through closed sales.
The challenge, however, is that SEO is tougher to understand and to control compared to e-mail marketing or paid search. Tracking, measuring and reporting results has become increasingly complicated, especially since factors affecting SEO change on a daily basis.
The following ten trends are the only things standing between you and a page one rank. Conquer them and you will crush your online competitors:
- Man and machine
- Closing the keyword conversion gap
- Backlinking busted
- Competition is fierce
- Content commitment
- Social seriously matters
- International SEO
- YouTube it, you rank for it
- Local Search for Local Business
- Create a conversation